Friday, March 5, 2021

Tired of Waiting, but I will Wait Anyway


 3 weeks ago we got the bad news that Humira is not the answer to Anastasia's GI problems.  She is such a unique girl that her body is rejecting it.  So now we had to make the decision to start her on Remicade.  

The first step of this process was to see if she needed anymore bloodwork, she did.  So we took care of that on Monday.  Now we just wait to see if insurance will approve it.

Then more waiting.  Once we start treatment she will have a 2 hr infusion.  Then 2 weeks later another.  After that we wait 4 more weeks for another, then after that she ideally will have infusions every 8 weeks.  I pray it works.  I am tired of this issue.  I am tired of my child feeling so sick because her body is not right.

The only thing that makes me okay with starting this treatment is that Ana told Alex and I point blank (when asked) that she knew Humira wasn't making her better.

So now I ask anyone who reads this just say a prayer or send us positive thoughts, karma, or pixie dust (or whatever you believe in).

Ana has been through so much in her almost 9 years of life, I just want her to be well.

2 comments:

  1. Prayers for Ana she is definitely the strongest little girl I know ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miss Princess! We love you (Ana hopes you have camp this year because she misses you so much)!

      Delete