Monday, July 13, 2020

A whirlwind of a weekend

It's been a crazy few days for me.  I started back to work a week ago Friday, helping get ornaments situated as we were planning on having a strange premiere event.  All that changed Wednesday That was when Gov. Cuomo announced that if proper hvac systems were in place malls could open.  I guess my mall did because next thing I know my boss is calling me and telling me we are opening Friday.  The next 48 hours my co-workers and I worked out butts off to ensure the store would be ready.

Cut to another busy day Saturday.  It was the long dreaded "celebration" of merger between UMC of Wappingers and Poughkeepsie UMC.  I put celebration in quotes because honestly I don't feel like I was celebrating it.  I am saddened that my childhood church is now closed and although we have a good pastor and welcoming congregation at Poughkeepsie it doesn't feel like home.  It's also hard to explain to Ana what happened and why we can't worship there anymore.  She is sad as it's the only church she has known.

Even today 2 days later she is still saying she is sad and it's not fair that the church had to close.  I hope it gets easier for her.  I hate that she is somsad about it.  I am however grateful for our new pastor Pastor Jody, who tried to make her feel welcome yesterday at service.  It's one thingnto make me feel welcome, it impresses me more when you do it for my child.

Anywhoo I'm hoping things slow a bit because after working 6 days straight (which I haven't done in 4 months) I am wiped!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment