Tuesday, June 2, 2020

My Chorus Family

During this time of anxiety and not knowing what comes next I have a source of consistency.  It is my chorus life.  Though our rehearsals are quite different than they were in February, our weekly Zoom meetings provide me with some sense of normalcy in this crazy time.

I found Evergreen in the spring of 2003 through a church choir member. I was not married, in fact I had only been dating my now husband for 6 months.  It was the first time that I was recognized for singing away from my sister.  I was hooked!  I did a singing lesson program in May and June, and in July I auditioned and passed.

Over the years the women in my chorus became extended family.  A chorus quartet provides music for my wedding in 2007, in 2012 before Ana was born many members visited me in the hospital.  They were very worried that I overdid it the week prior at Regional contest.  Through Ana's various health crisis' they were there for me.  They provided support via emails, facebook mesaages etc.  

My chorus is a way for me to get away and express myself in song and not worry about what's going on in the world around me.  

I got to experience going to International Competition with them in 2017 in Las Vegas, webplaced 3rd  out of 5 small choruses. Outside of my wedding day and the birth of Anastasia it was one of the most memorable experiences of my life.  One that I will hold dear to me for the rest of my life.  

They are the family I didn't know I needed, until all the bad stuff happened.  They have been there through it all good and bad.  I am forever thankful for Karen the choir member who introduced me to them.

Now here's my plug, if you sing and want to see what we are all about our website is http://www.evergreenchorus.org.  Please check us out and if you feel led join us for a rehearsal (when we start having them live again).  We love new faces!

No comments:

Post a Comment