Friday, July 12, 2024

But Wait There's More....

 


Well when I blogged last month I was hoping that my gallbladder surgery would have been the last of the hits that 2024 was going to give to my family.  I was wrong.  This past weekend Anastasia wasn't feeling well.  I attributed it to the heatwave we had and the fact that we were outside for a good portion of the morning on Saturday.  I thought she was dehydrated, which with her diabetes is never a good thing.  Throughout the weekend she had good and bad moments.  When she really didn't improve by Monday I had told Alex to make a doctors appointment while I was at work.

Anastasia had a different idea, she told Alex that she needed to go to the hospital.  So he took her to the ER, turns out she had some sort of infection which caused her to go into DKA (Diabetic ketoacedosis).  We haven't seen her in DKA for 10 years (her initial T1D diagnosis).  Needless to say we were transported to Westchester Medical Center where we spent the next 2 days in PICU.  

She is tons better now, however now I'm back to being a hovering T1D mom (did you check your blood? did you correct your blood sugar?  Did you cover your snack?).  I'm so thankful for the pediatric ER that we have nearby, and for the nurses at WMC who got Ana back to health as quick as they could.  I'm also super grateful for the job I have, who even though I didn't want to allowed me to have the rest of the week off to take care of Ana and myself as well.  

I also had the weirdest, emotional and comforting dream while I was there.  Monday night during my broken sleep I had a dream that Mom was in the room, she was at the foot of Ana's hospital bed, her back toward her.  I started crying in my sleep and ended up waking myself up.  But I know without a doubt that she was watching over her.  

1 comment:

  1. Awe Jess I’m super glad that she is feeling better. Your mom is going to be with you all every step of the way. She is your guiding light. Just ask for her and she will show you she is there. Love this xoxo

    ReplyDelete